CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Into the Forest


Into the Forest is a book by Anthony Browne. This book is about a little boy who knows that his father is at his grandma's house. The boy misses his father very much so he wants to go bring some cake to grandmother's house to make her feel better, and he can also see his dad. This book reflects other fables such as Little Boy Blue and Hansel and Gretal and finally, Little Red Riding Hood.
I read this book as a Readaloud to my PostBac classroom, but I did enjoy practicing reading this book aloud to them. If I were reading this book to my classroom of students, I would have the oppurtunity to discuss with them how all of the other fables are introduced in the story. This book would be a wonderful introduction into fables and storytelling and fantasy.

2 comments:

Jesica said...

I really liked your choice for the Read Aloud assignment, you were very well spoken, and I liked your energy! you are going to be a wonderful teacher-- keep up the good work best friend!

Unknown said...

I also enjoyed it when you read this book to the class. I think that it would be a good book to use a craft lesson on. After reading this book, students could then write a story of their own and incorporate something from a fable such as this story did. Cinder-Elly by Jim Aylesworth is a cute modern day story of Cinderella. This book could also help with the craft lesson. You did a great job reading. Thanks for reading this book to the class.